Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Another one bites the dust!

Here we go on another adventure in blogosphere! There's a tendency to have blogorreah and be self absorbed, in my ever so humble opinion, in certain blogs. Of course that will not be the case with me, as one might tell in my blog description.

No, this will be all about you and what I think of you! mwah-ha-ha.

Okay. So I have another birthday coming up, and this makes me sad. I just got home from a family reunion "vacation" (in quotes, because really, when is a family reunion ever really a vacation?). I went into my week away dreading it, how I feel soooo like the odd-gal out having no kids, never been married, never anything in that department, and here I have to be with my sisters and all their adorable kids, my cousins and all of their adorable kids, and my grandma and aunts and uncles... and I've passed the age where you even get asked anymore about "anyone special in your life?" and so on. Which I think is quite possibly worse that even being asked those invasive questions, because they now know that you really are an old maid, just as you have feared.

Anyway, the "vacation." It actually wasn't so bad. Maybe because a couple of folks who knew I was feeling loser-ish and vulnerable were praying for me. So while it wasn't laying on the beach sipping umbrella drinks with "someone special," or even a girlfriend or two, it wasn't too bad. And I actually have that lackadaisical, going-through-the-motions feeling here at work, because while I had reservations about a family reunion vacation, actually being at work kinds sucks lemons.

~ ~ ~

I'm pretty much a sucker for making my heart ache even more, because I'm addicted to mothering/wonderful married life blogs. :-) It's not all that bad, I guess. I make myself think I am simply increasing my value to any future suitors. And I can spout off child-rearing tips with the lightning speed of Dr. Dobson or recommend Sacred Parenting and Shepherding a Child's Heart, because I infact have these books. Of course I have to ignore the confused stares of mothers with children in tow, because they actually know this womb in particular has not been fruitful or multiplied. I then smile vaguely and pick imaginary lint from my sleeve as meander away.

Anyway, I have come across a blog in which they are giving away a freebie! Nellie, hold the presses! It is from a Mom blog. And it's something kinda cool too. Not that the scrapbook cutter thingy wasn't that Sally won. It's actually a flat screen TV! Yeeeesssssssss! Because I am a single woman, no dependents, I do have time to watch TV! Lots and lots of free ME-time! Take that, married parent suckas! (Oh, do I ever crack myself up. Because I actually am being quite sarcastic. I just have more TV time than you might have. heh. I just roll like that.)

If you want more info, about the contest, here you are: http://www.5minutesformom.com/2032/insignia-37inch-flat-panel-lcd-hdtv-contest/trackback/

You can find info about the above TV here: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8274672&type=product&id=1171058029049

Anyway, here's to a happy life, lived for Jesus. Kids, husband...or no.

No comments:

Clicky Web Analytics